flyingfoam
April 20, 2024, 01:53:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Board banner thanks to Mega on www.thefoamfighters.smfforfree.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

At3K Mod

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: At3K Mod  (Read 765 times)
Meiser5

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:49:36 pm »

So I just got my twin set of 3000's off E-bay, when i got a sudden case of the Friday night mods. So here is what you are going to need for this easy modification.

///STUFF YOU NEED///

-- Pliers
--Saw (or a motor tool)
--markers
--X-acto Knife
--Flathead Screwdiver (or small hand chisel)
--AAA Flashlite (You'll see why)
--Philips Screwdriver
-- Air Tech 3000 (duh)
--Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

///MODIFICATION STEPS///

Lay out your items, a good workbench should be good or just a table. Know carefully open up the gun you should see this...

Where my screw driver is pointing is where you want to go, straight to the pump. You need to plug the over-release valve to get better pressure.

You cannot really see it, but the valve is plugged, know put every thing back together, unless you want to go even further and do the goo-tube mod and customize your gun like CX did Here.
http://nerfhaven.com/mods/cxwq_liquitron/

Know this is where your motor tool comes in handy, I did not have mine... 
If you have one well just follow CX's instructions for cutting off the barrels. If you dont, stick around.
Now take a saw and very CAREFULLY cut the barrels off. then use your flathead screwdriver to carefully scrape the inner barrel away from the outer one. (I wish I had a picture of this but my camera is retarded and erased half of my data...)
If you are lucky the inner sleeve should pop right out after some careful cutting and chiseling.

After this you will need those markers, the knife, and the pliers. Oh, and the flashlight. Yank off the endcap and marker tip with the pliers, and pull out the ink tube. Know if you are using the crayola markers, this is where the light comes in handy...

Take off the tailcap of your maglite(preffered) and dump out the batterys. Then get your marker...

See the ridges, take the end of the light and ram it all the way into the marker...

If the thing goes well the edges of the flashlight will cut off the ridges leaving a smooth inside.

Know, repeat this five more times and then warm-up your glue gun... If you hollowed out the barrel stubs enough you should be able to slide the markers into the stub(the thin end of the marker). Again no pictures, I will have to retake some.
Then glue your new barrels in. When you are done they should look like this...

Your done, I added some tape for stability but will fix that later. Here are some more pics...

Head On...

Overall...

Close-up...

I know this has been done before but I have never seen a crayola-ed AT3k before. I will have ranges tomorrow, but four pumps gets me across the kitchen and living room(at least 40 ft. at chin level)
Questions? Comments? Flames? Start post'in! Some of the Barrels are a little long, i will fix that too... Shoddy job yes, but I was bored.

Meiser---  Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:25:24 pm by Meiser5 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Duck_slayer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 09:52:30 pm »

Great write up
Report Spam   Logged
PIMPDADDY

The PIMP of Nerf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 07:06:48 am »

Very nice Meiser5. Very detailed liked it alot. Did it to my at3k and I'm glad I did.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:38:46 am »

Very Nice. too bad I don't have Airtech...I like all the detail on it.
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General

PIMP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 03:30:54 pm »

Th 2K is for sniping, the 3K is an buttualt rifle/shotgun, and the 4K is just a shotgun.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum